Thursday, September 15, 2011

Toph Sculpt



So I've been really getting into Avatar: The Last Airbender lately; I missed the show during its original run, but thank goodness Netflix carries it! It's definitely one of my favorite cartoon shows of all time, and one of the only cartoon shows that I feel is genuinely entertaining for me as an adult viewer - completely independent from the nostalgia of childhood memories. But anyway, Toph is my favorite character and I thought it would be fun to do a 3d sculpted interpretation of her. My main goals for this sculpt were three: 1) Get it done fast (i.e. before the end of the week [09/16/2011]), 2) Capture her personality via facial expression and 3) Figure out a way to make sculpted hair look good. It was fun, looking forward to coming up with a new sculpting idea :)





No comments:

Post a Comment